Baggy

Francesca's top, Zara pants and clutch, F21 earrings and spiked bracelet, leather bracelet from Dillards,
Audrey Brooke heels via DSW

While I love all things preppy, colorful, and girly, I am definitely drawn to funky pieces like these awesome pants from Zara. These are the most comfortable pair of pants ever and I was thrilled that they were only $20. Gotta love a good sale.





I had a pretty crazy week. It all started with waking up with a cold on Mother's Day. Boo. Then my youngest son has decided to stop sleeping at night. I started my day at 3:30 a.m. one day this week. I got 4 hours of sleep on Tuesday and Wednesday night. Then, yesterday we got bad weather. I've seen some pretty bad rain storms but this was a tornado. It couldn't have been anything else. One second it was sunny and pretty and the next second it turns dark and ugly and starts raining. Then the wind picked up. I barely had time to grab a flashlight and my phone before I grabbed the boys and went in the laundry room. We have a tall cabinet in there for brooms and mops and I pulled those out and crammed my boys inside. I peeked down the hallway and looked to the windows and saw a wall of water roaring past the them. I have never been so scared in my life and sat against the door in tears, thinking of what could happen. My sweet little boy prayed for 'God to take the rain away.'

It was over almost as soon as it started. It turned sunny again and I looked outside and it looked like it had snowed. There was hail everywhere. It was piled up in mounds. When it was safe to venture out, we went outside. (Keep in mind that the sun was shining and the sky was blue at this point.) Fences were ripped up, trees uprooted, and someone's trampoline had blown into someone's front yard. Our neighborhood survived (my house is in one piece) but after that weather it is hard to believe we even survived.

So I guess my scare yesterday put my lack of sleep in perspective. It could have been a lot worse yesterday and I shouldn't complain about my lack of sleep. At least my boys and I are safe. That is all that matters.

Have a great weekend!

* Congrats to Erin Turner! You won the Classy With a Kick lace necklace giveaway!






0 comments:

Post a Comment