Double Stripes & Chivalry

F21 top and earrings, Francesca's sweater, Zara pants and clutch, New York Transit heels, sunglasses (here)

I pulled on my trusty F21 striped t-shirt with these new harem pants and somehow I managed to pull off looking like a pirate. Of course we were supposed to leave for church in ten minutes when I discovered that I hated the way my outfit looked. I grabbed this sweater and threw it on, hoping for the best. I kind of like how it turned out and I think that the pink in the sweater lessens the pirate effect.



I know a lot of other bloggers out there feel somewhat awkward about taking pictures in public, and I have to say that I feel the same way. We usually go somewhere without a lot of people. However, the occasional car will drive by slowly and I know they are wondering what is going on.

When we were taking these pictures a truck drove by slowly and a man started honking and cat calling. The man then called out an obscenity and drove off. We weren't in the nicest area but still, must people be so crass?  I'm always so shocked when I see men treat women in such ways. While driving I've been flipped off by a man that was old enough to be my father. Really? Where has chivalry gone? I'm so fortunate to be married to a man who not only loves and respects me but treats other women with the utmost respect.

I plan on teaching my little boys the value of a woman (not as society sees her but as God sees her). Hopefully mothers today can see the problem with our society and raise up a nation of young men to become advocates and protectors to all of the little girls in our world. We need real men that will love and cherish women and not just see them as their next Saturday night conquest. Of course, I fully believe that girls/women have a pretty large role to play in this as well. I think they should stop flaunting their sexuality and using it as a way to garner attention. God intended for women to be loved and adored, not lusted after. 

Somehow this post took off on its own but I couldn't help addressing something that has bothered me for a long time. I hope and pray that you all have someone in your life that loves you and treats you as God intended. And I'm not just talking about husbands. Boyfriends, friends, fathers, and sons: I hope that any man in your life would see the value you have as a person and a woman and cherish you for that.

Have a great day!







0 comments:

Post a Comment