Dressed Up and Down

dresseddown
(Click picture to shop)

In my post yesterday, I took a single blouse and styled it two different ways. In addition to that, I mentioned that I liked taking a dressy look and pairing an edgy jacket with it and doing the opposite with a casual look. I seem to be drawn to black and white a lot lately but I couldn't resist throwing in a bright red pump and slightly over-the-top red earrings for the dressed up look.

dresseddown2
(Click here to shop)

These two looks may not share the same blouse but they are both great examples of how to add a polished vibe to a relaxed look, and take a dressy look down a level with a cargo-style jacket. Instead of wearing a sweatshirt with jeans (my frequent go-to option), try a pair of leather shorts. The studs on the loafers take this relaxed look up a few notches and the black blazer polishes the look off perfectly.

The dressed up version to the right can easily feel too girly so throwing on a parka with faux leather sleeves instantly takes this glam version down a bit. 

Of course, not everything has to be in opposition. There are plenty of times when I want to wear a blazer with my dressy look, and my leather jacket with my ripped jeans. It all depends on my mood.

Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment