Impromptu concert near the Louvre and the neighborhood nearby


Paris is a city full of wonder!  As we were going past the Louvre, we ran across an impromptu concert!  The musician were great, and it just added the the sense of wonderment I encountered during my first day of my Paris visit. 


Paris est merveilleux!






















Lost in the translation!  


Although I did attempt to learn enough French to be somewhat conversational, there were some words that I simply did not know!  


Poissons is one of the examples of words lost in translation!  Imagine my shock when I saw a restaurant that served "poison".
Ever armed with my French phrase book, I discovered that "poisson" translated to "fish" in English.  Call that my first real-life lesson in French!


















 



 






0 comments:

Post a Comment